JIM’S GUIDE TO NOOSA [AKA If I had today off, this is what I'd do!]
1. Go for a leisurely dip on Noosa’s Main Beach adjacent to Hastings Street, then fall asleep under a tree to the sound of the surf
2. Walk through the Noosa National Park along the coastal track to Hell’s Gates. Take a picnic and spend some quality R&R time enjoying the stunning views.
3. Munna Beach – it’s a stones’ throw away from Wolngarin, great for a quick swim. Or throw a line in to try and catch something to cook on the BBQ for dinner
4. Hire a boat and explore the magnificent Noosa River, it’s waterways and waterfront homes.
5. Visit the Apollonian Hotel at Boreen Point (25mins drive) for a great pub lunch, followed by a nice relaxing wander along the lakes edge. They do a fantastic Pig on a Spit Roast on Sundays (however, book ahead for this as it is very popular. Tel: 5485 3100)
6. Ride the Valley Rattler historic steam train in Gympie (1hr drive North)
7. Head up to Harbourtown Marina in Tewantin and have fish and chips on the jetty.
8. Eumundi Markets on either Saturday or Wednesday mornings (go early to avoid the crowds that arrive at 9am)
9. Drive to the summit of Mount Tinbeerwah (15mins) and walk to the lookout at the top (15mins slow walk) for sensational 360 degree views over Noosa, the ocean, lakes and mountains.
10. Go to the Noosa River Yacht club on the Noosa River Foreshore for sundowners on the deck. Fantastic spot to watch the sun go down at the end of a long hard day doing nothing but holidaying!