Things to do in Noosa with Kids
Posted By: untanglemyweb
on Mar 07, 2011 in General
Jims’ Top 10 Things to do in Noosa with Kids
- Noosa Main Beach for a safe, child friendly swim. Grab a spot at the back of the beach for some shade. Lovely gentle waves (most of the time.)
- Stroll along Gympie Terrace to the Noosa Yacht Club where there is a nice sandy beach area with an excellent “Pirate” themed playground
- The Valley Rattler steam train – departing from Gympie (50 mins drive) it’s a fantastic ride through the Mary Valley up to Imbil, have lunch at the pub or take a picnic. Who doesn’t love steam trains!? Thomas-tastic.
- Spend the day at Australia Zoo – If loving the Zoo is wrong, I don’t want to be right! It’s got so much to see and do it would take a couple of days to see it all. Very hands on touchy feely which is good for little ones. Lots of opportunities to interact with and feed animals.
- Munna Beach in the caravan park opposite Wolngarin, which has playground, shop and sandy beach area with no waves
- Head down to Underwater World in Mooloolaba – Look Dad, it’s a shark! Awesome Aquarium
- Feed the birds/pelicans/fish along the Noosa river
- Drive out to Pomona Park, fully fenced playground with huge shade cloth located opposite the train track – watch Thomas go by!
- Take a cruise on the Noosa Ferry and ask the skipper if your littlie can pull the “toot-toot” at each stop!
- Noosa National Park – Australias’ most visited National Park, due to it’s proximity to the main beach/Hastings St area. It is so easy to walk around. We managed to get all the way around to Hell’s Gates with both of ours in the pram recently. (There’s only a couple of sections of the path that are challenging.) Beautiful views, secluded beaches, Koalas in the trees. What more could you want?!