Booking Conditions and Terms of Occupancy
The deposit and/ or payment of the accommodation by the” Guest” acknowledges and agrees that these conditions apply and extend to any person (also referred to as “Guest”) occupying or visiting the Apartment or complex at the invitation of or with the authority of the Guest. Management approval required for additional Guests.
Wolngarin has a Strict No Party and Excessive Noise Policy.
- Charges must be paid by cash or credit card (Visa or Mastercard) before the occupancy commences unless special prior arrangements have been made, (credit card details and matching Photo ID. must be provided on arrival).
- Occupancy starts and finishes on the dates shown on the Guest Registration Form, unless additional nights have been organised with Management prior to scheduled departure date.
- The Guest will be liable for payment of any charges incurred by the “Guest” together with all replacements and necessary costs for any damage or loss to the Apartment and its contents or the Body Corporate property caused by any Guest. This includes replacement of lost keys (including the total cost of replacing the key’s and security locks as required).
- Guests are requested to lock all doors and windows when leaving the Apartment and/ or retiring at night.
- Only the number of people indicated on the Guest Registration Form may be present in the Apartment, or on the property without Managements knowledge and agreement. The facilities of the resort are for the use of resident Guests only. Visitors of Guests are to have left the complex by 10.00pm
- The Apartment must not be used for any unlawful purpose.
- Guest’s vehicle may be parked in the relevant carport in the designated area for their Apartment with one (1) car space per Apartment available.
- Neither the Body Corporate, the Management, nor the Apartment Owners are liable for any damage, injury or loss of property which a Guest may sustain while on the complex. Whilst keeping with the Travelers Accommodation Providers Act of 2001. Without limiting the foregoing, personal property shall include money, jewellery and other personal effects and motor vehicles parked on the premises.
- The Guest authorises the Manager to charge their credit card for any loss, damage or monetary contribution for which the Guest is liable under this document or otherwise.
- There is no refund for an early departure, forced or otherwise.
- The Manager may inspect the Apartment at any time with reasonable notice, and at any time without notice if the Manager is of the opinion that there has been a breach of the Occupancy and Bailment Policy or By-laws.
- The Manager and the Apartment Owners are not responsible for any mis-description of the Apartment / complex in general.
- The By-laws, Rules and Regulations of the complex and any reasonable direction of the Manager must be complied with. If after receiving “a warning”, the offending Guests fail to comply, the Guests and Occupants of the Apartment will be asked to surrender all keys issued and vacate the Apartment immediately, (regardless of the time), in accordance with Occupancy and Bailment Policy.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the resort or grounds. Doing so will be in breach of Occupancy and Bailment Policy and will incur additional cleaning charges.
- Check-out time is between 8.00am and 10.00am. The departing Guests must vacate the property by check-out time (unless prior agreement has been made). An additional charge will apply to late departures.
- Check-in is between 2.00pm and 5.00pm Mon to Fri, unless prior arrangements have been made before arriving. Please check the check-in time on Public Holiday’s and weekends.
- Professionally cleaned Linen is included in all apartments.
- In respect to the quiet enjoyment of the resort .All “Guests” are expected to behave in a manner that is conducive to the Safety, Comfort and Well-Being, while allowing other Guests there Private Enjoyment.
- Pool Hours are from 8.00am to 9.00pm. Children 12yrs and under are to be supervised at all times by an adult accompanying them within the pool area. Apartment towels are not to be used around the pool.
- A Breach of Rules include:- Excessive Noise or Parties. Noisy, offensive, drunken and/or unruly behaviour. Improper or unseemly conduct. Any act or omission which, in the opinion of the Manager, adversely affects or brings discredit upon the Manager, owners or other Guests.
- Guests leaving or returning to the complex after 9.30pm are requested by their hosts to do so quietly.
- No child or guest shall be permitted to cause annoyance to any other resident.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to visitors of guests.
- No pets, animals or livestock or are to be brought onto the property.
- Apartments are to be kept tidy and free of food refuse. Upon departure all refuse and rubbish is to be deposited in bins located at the end of the footpath in between #10 and #11. Failure to do so may incur an extra rubbish removal and /or cleaning charge,( minimum of $50.00).
- No glassware / bottles or breakables including but not limiting to stubbies and wine bottles, are permitted in the pool area.
- Please make sure feet are dry before leaving pool area and entering Apartments.
- The Management abides by the rules and regulations set out by the ARAMA( “Australia Resident Accommodation Managers Association”)
- If the booking is cancelled 28 days or more prior to the planned date of arrival, there will be a full refund less an administration fee of $50.00.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 28 days prior to the planned arrival date, there will be no refund unless and until the premises are re-let for the total period of the original booking. An administration fee of $50.00 will be deducted from the deposit held before the remainder is refunded.
MID & LOW SEASON
- If the booking is cancelled 14 days or more prior to the planned date of arrival, there will be a full refund less an administration fee of $50.00.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the planned arrival date, there will be no refund unless and until the premises are re-let for the total period of the original booking. An administration fee of $50.00 will be deducted from the deposit held before the remainder is refunded.
SHORT NOTICE BOOKINGS
- Where a booking is made less than 14 days prior to the planned arrival date, there will be no refund unless and until the premises are re-let for the total period of the original booking. An administration fee of $50.00 will be deducted from the deposit held before the remainder is refunded.
- A booking that has not been confirmed by a deposit being paid is not guaranteed.
- A deposit of $200.00 will confirm a one-week booking.
- The balance of the tariff is due upon arrival.
The administration fee covers the cost of processing the booking, receipting and banking the money, cancelling the booking from the system, drawing the refund cheque, mailing the refund cheque with covering letter & meeting bank charges.
Accounts. Please settle your accommodation account upon arrival. We have Eftpos facilities (no cash out) and accept MasterCard, Visa, Australian Dollar Travellers Cheques, and Cheques by prior arrangement. Please note we do not cash cheques.
If you intend to depart outside of Reception hours, please finalise your account the day prior to your departure, during office hours.
Baby Sitting. We recommend Nannies of Noosa for the provision of Baby Sitting services. Please contact Reception at least 24hrs in advance to arrange. We can also arrange cots and highchair hire if required.
BBQ. Complimentary BBQ facilities are available for guests in the pool area. Lighting instructions are displayed above the BBQ’s. Please leave the BBQ’s clean when finished.
Beach Towels. The white bath towels are not to be used on the poolside. If you need a beach towel for use at the pool or beach, these can be hired from Reception for $5.00 each for the duration of your stay.
Bikes. There are many great bike trails in Noosa, suitable for all levels of fitness. We can arrange Bike Hire on a daily/weekly basis. Please ask at Reception.
Books/Magazines. A complimentary selection of books and magazines are available from Reception. Please return them when finished. Or alternatively, feel free to swap your finished book for one from our shelf.
By Laws. This Resort complex is governed by the Body Corporate and Community Management (BCCM) Act 1997. The Resident Manager being the Body Corporate Manager has the authority of the owners to enforce the By-Laws as defined. This authority
applies to all Registered Guests and Visitors residing and/or accessing this Resort complex. A full copy of the Body Corporate By-Laws is available for your information from Reception.
Car Hire. We have connections with a local car hire company. Ask us to organise a quote for you. There are many great things to do and see within an easy drive of Noosa. See Reception for a map of the Sunshine Coast.
Car Parking. Each Unit is allocated a single parking space; additional vehicles must be parked on the road. Please do not park in other Units’ parking spaces or on the grassed areas round the complex.
Check Out Time. Check out time is 10.00am. For guests with a late departure time, you are welcome to leave your luggage in Reception and use the pool. A toilet/changing room is available at the side of Unit 17. In some instances it may be possible to continue to occupy the room for a small surcharge. Ask at Reception if you require a late check out.
Clothes Drying. Clothes drying lines are situated next to Unit 25 and pegs are supplied. Please do not hang laundry over the fence to dry. A clothes airer is permitted in an unobtrusive area of your courtyard or patio. Each Unit has a clothes dryer. Please ensure you clean the filter after each use.
Complimentary Items. For your convenience you will find a small selection of complimentary items in your apartment, such as tea bags, coffee, sugar, soap, washing up detergent, toilet roll and a kitchen tidy bag. Reception can re-supply any of these items for a small fee.
Damages. Any damages to the Unit or its contents, including but not limited to, breakages and dirty or stained carpets caused by you or your guests must be paid for before departing unless otherwise agreed. In the event of damages being identified after your departure you must settle the cost of repairs within 7 days of notification.
Doctor. In the event you need medical attention contact Reception, or the following;
Noosaville 7 Day Medical Centre, Cnr Thomas and Mary Streets, Noosaville. Tel: 5442 4922
Noosa Hospital, 111 Goodchap Street, Noosaville. Tel: 5455 9200
Ambulance – Police – Fire – Phone 000.
In the event of a fire notify Reception or dial 0 for an outside line, then 000 and vacate the Unit immediately. If you are required to evacuate the complex you are asked to make your way across Munna Crescent to the Children’s Play Area in the Park, where a roll call will be taken. Fire Extinguishers are located by the BBQ’s and in the Tennis Racket Store behind Reception.
Ferry Service. The Noosa Ferry runs a “hop on, hop off” service between Noosa Harbour at Tewantin and the Sheraton Hotel, Hastings Street. This is a wonderful way to see the Noosa River. See Reception for this and other Tour Booking Information.
Fraser Island. Tours to Fraser Island depart daily. There are many to choose from. Having lived and worked on the Island, Jim is able to offer advice on what to see and do and which tour would be most suitable for you.
Garbage. The Garbage Bins are located between Units 10 and 11. It is a requirement that rubbish be cleared each day from your Unit, including the day of your departure, and placed in plastic bags before disposal in the Garbage Bins. Please do not leave rubbish outside your Unit as it attracts insects. Please freeze any seafood leftovers and ask Reception about disposal.
Games. A selection of board games can be borrowed from Reception. Please ensure they are returned complete and tidy.
Glass. Please do not take glass onto the poolside.
Hot Water Each apartment is fitted with a 50 litre HWS. These are a fast re-heat design so if all the water is used, we suggest you wait 30 mins to allow the water to re-heat. Please note that using the hot water selection on the clothes washing machine will use up most of the water in one cycle. We have pre-set the adjustable thermostat (where available) to be as close as possible to KidsSafe recommendations (i.e. 50-55ºC). Nonetheless, we urge parents to exercise all reasonable caution
when using hot water with children present or nearby.
Keys. On departure please return your keys to Reception and say “So Long!” There is a charge for replacement of lost or broken keys.
Laundry. Each Unit has a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board. Due to the possibility of overflowing, please do not leave the washing machine working when the Unit is unattended.
Mail. You may leave your letters or postcards at Reception for posting. Mail is delivered to and collected from Reception between 10.00am and Midday weekdays. Postcards and Stamps are available from Reception.
Maintenance. Please notify Reception of any maintenance that requires attention in your Unit, or if there are any broken or malfunctioning items. To avoid any disputes regarding damage please check your Unit immediately and report any concerns to Reception.
Nearest Beach. The nearest beach area is across the park opposite Reception, and only 5 minutes walk away. It is on the foreshore of the River, and is a lovely area to go for a quick swim (there are no waves to battle).
Pest Control. All Units at Wolngarin are treated regularly internally and externally including the surrounding grounds, however despite every precaution being taken it is not possible to eliminate all insects particularly as Queensland by nature is sub-tropical. Marauding insects can enter through open screen doors or very small gaps and are also attracted at night by bright lights. The very small ‘sugar ants’ are harmless but unsightly. If they are of annoyance to you
please notify us and we will do all we can.
Public Transport. The local blue Sun bus operates on a “hail and stop” principal. Download the “TransLink” app to access timetables. During the Christmas holidays, the Blue Sun Bus service that runs from the end of Munna Crescent into Hastings Street is a free service. Please ask at Reception for details of other bus services to Brisbane or the Gold Coast.
Security. Please be aware of your responsibility to ensure your unit sliding doors are secured by the latch and key locked at ALL times. All the sliding windows are fitted with security screens. Management is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage.
Supermarket. The closest supermarket is Woolworths in the Noosa Village Shopping Centre. To drive there, go to the end of Munna Crescent, turn right, go to the second roundabout, turn right, and go to the next ‘second’ roundabout and turn right. This should put you in the Woolies car park. The supermarket closes at 9pm Mon to Sat, and 6pm Sun. The complex also has a Post Office, Butchery, Bakery, Bottle shop, Pharmacy and various other stores.
Taxis. Taxis can be ordered by calling 54754999. Maxi taxis are also available for groups of 5 to 10 people. Noosa is also serviced by Uber.
Telephone. The number on the telephone in your Unit is your direct number. Please give this number to family and friends as this will give them the ability to contact you at all times.
If you wish to call another Unit simply place a ‘39’ in front of the other Unit number, (ie Unit 7 becomes 3907). Local Calls: Dial 0, wait for dial tone, and then dial your required number. Calls are charged at 70 cents per call. STD Calls: Dial 0, wait for dial tone, dial STD code and then the required
number. Calls are charged at 70 cents per pulse. Overseas Calls: Dial 0, wait for the dial tone, Dial 0011, then the Country code and area codes and finally the required number. All STD and Overseas calls are charged at 70 cents per metered pulse (Incl GST). Special Telstra / Optus / Vodafone deals do not apply to calls made from your apartment phone. Access to 1800, and similar freecall services have been restricted by the PABX configuration. Pre-Paid Phone Cards that require dialing of a specified number to connect to additional services will also incur local and STD / ISD preset per pulse rates as defined above. All external calls that you make are automatically charged to your account, via a PABX metering system.
On departure you will be provided with an account detailing your calls, their cost and the total amount due.
Television. Please do not adjust channel settings or tamper with the T.V. sets. Contact Management should you experience any problems.
Tennis Court – Half size. The Tennis Court can be booked by entering your Unit number against the times on the booking form located in the alcove behind Reception where half court rackets are also kept. The half court balls (half pressure) are obtainable from Reception. Please do not use normal racquets and balls or swing on the net. Please return rackets and balls when your game is finished. Please do not retrieve any balls hit over the fence onto neighbouring properties. Our neighbours are very understanding and will throw the balls back over when they see them. Please note the Tennis Court is not to be used before 8.30am or after 6.00pm
Tour Bookings. During your stay you should take at least one tour to see some of the great variety of attractions on the Sunshine Coast. We are a Ticketing Agent for all local tours and activities including; Fraser Island, Noosa Everglades Cruises, Eumundi Markets, Hinterland Tours, Noosa River Cruises, Offshore Fishing Charters, Diving, The Oceanrider, Tandem Skydiving, Surf Lessons, Camel Safaris’ on Noosa North Shore, Horse Riding on the beach and through bushland, Jet Ski Hire, Boat
and Bike Hire. Other local tours and attractions we can assist with include Australia Zoo and Underwater World. We can even book the Theme Parks on the Gold Coast. Make use of our local knowledge, experience and connections.
Umbrellas. Each apartment has 2 umbrellas for you to use on the occasional rainy day that Noosa gets.
Visitors. If you have any friends who may wish to visit you during your stay, please ask them to identify themselves at Reception upon arrival at the Resort. Any visitors who wish to stay the night must register and pay the relevant fee.
Traveller Accommodation Providers (Liability) Act 2001.
The Traveller Accommodation Providers (Liability) Act 2001 changes the common law about Innkeeper’s liability. Under the Act, an accommodation provider may be liable to make good any loss of a guest’s property in
certain circumstances even though the loss is not caused by the fault of the accommodation provider, or the provider’ agent. The strict liability of the accommodation provider under the act –
- Applies only to a guest of the accommodation provider on a day when the accommodation unit is providedfor the use of the guest.
- Is limited to $250 for each accommodation unit provided for the use of the guest on the day, unless the guest’s property was placed in safe custody facilities.
- Does not cover motor vehicles and things owned by the guest left in or on motor vehicles.
Note: Words appearing in italics and bold have a special meaning under the Traveller Accommodation Providers (Liability) Act 2001. A copy of this Act is held in Reception. Procedure for making a claim;
- The loss must be reported to and investigated by the Police. An Incident Report reference number must be obtained. The number for Noosa Police is 5447 5888.
- A Statutory Declaration signed by a Justice of the Peace detailing the nature of the loss, how the loss occurred, the true value of the item/s together with Serial Numbers or any relevant identification details, must be lodged with Reception.
- The Statutory Declaration together with Police Report will be forwarded without delay to our Insurers and our Legal Representative for evaluation. Liability will not be admitted.
Swimming Pool & Spa – Conditions of Use
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted inside the pool area unless accompanied and supervised at all times by a responsible adult over 18 years of age.
- It is the responsibility of the accompanying adult/s to ensure their child/children understand and abide by the “pool and spa conditions and safety rules”.
- No glass on poolside. There are plastic tumblers, wine glasses, plates and bowls in all Units to safeguard the hazard glass and crockery can present in a pool environment.
- Food, drinks, chewing gum, sweets etc must not be consumed in the pools or spa.
- Pool surrounds may be slippery when wet.
- Bombing, running and jumping is not permitted.
- Diving is at the diver’s risk.
- Pool, spa and associated equipment must not be tampered with or adjusted. Please report any irregularities to the Managers.
- Small children/toddlers must wear the appropriate clothing and babies must wear swimming nappies when in the pool or spa.
- DO NOT put your head under the spa water.
- DO NOT swallow the spa water.
- DO NOT use the spa if you are injured, unwell, pregnant or affected by alcohol.
- DO NOT jump in the spa.
The Pool opens at 8am and closes at 9.30pm. The Spa is open from 3pm to 7.30pm.
Swimming is not permitted outside of these hours.